Subject: [Leica] Experience with Apple?
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Fri Aug 8 06:49:54 2008

Mark,
My iPhone covers all my portable computer needs these days.  I also bought
an XO computer for my daughter and find myself sneaking that out the door
on occasion.  I'm impressed with how much I can do on these little things.

At 11:56 PM 8/6/2008, you wrote:
>I just walked into a new Best Buy. There was an apple logo on the outside of
>it.
>So I went down two escalators; this was Broadway and 62nd.
>Big signs "new Apple Center"
>They had two tables. One with Apples on it. Macs.
>Gorgeous!
>The other with HP's on it
>God awful ugly. Like they were doing it on purpose!
>"lets see how ugly we can make these computers, Frank!"
>I tell you the HP printers and other stuff are not ugly even good looking
>why the laptops?!?!?
>
>I see people with 6x9 inch laptops. White ones.
>I want a laptop that size I'd carry it around with me.
>Take it to the movies and to the bathroom.
>
>My laptop is a 3 year old Powerbook.
>Letter sized.
>8.5x11 inch.
>
>But the Apple Macs now are bigger.
>With all the other companies going crazy like some gorgeous Sony ones trying
>to make laptops you can really carry around with your all day Apple does the
>opposite!
>I cant figure that out!
>Other than they want you to use palm sized devices instead.
>
>That's got to be it!
>
>It helps to type things out.
>

>mark@rabinergroup.com
>Mark William Rabiner
>

> > From: "LUISRIPOLL@telefonica.net" <LUISRIPOLL@telefonica.net>
> > Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 22:51:50 +0200 (MEST)
> > To: <lug@leica-users.org>
> > Subject: Re: [Leica] Experience with Apple?
> >
> > I'm really happy to belong to this great list!!!
> >
> > I've read all your messages and I have only to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH
> > FOR ALL YOUR ANSWERS!!
> >
> > I want to clarify that my privat use of a computer is basically only
> > for photography, e-mails, some internet and some back up of certain
> > files from my work. I never use games, music, video... I'm used to be
> > on PC after a longtime ago, when DOS was the "system", and after
> > Windows 95, 98, XP and unfortunately "VISTA"....
> >
> > What are waiting at this moment is to know the estimate if it pays to
> > repair or not my PC, I'm sure that I can do the same with PC or Mac, it
> > is a question to be used to be, but after your opinions, if I need to
> > buy a new one I'll seriously consider a Mac, and following the Hoppy's
> > advice, see and touch a demo on a dealer.
> >
> > First at all I'll get my holydays and I'll decide after, on the
> > meantime I can't post pictures and neither follow as usual the LUG,
> > I'll be in Sitges (no internet there).
> >
> > Thank you very much again for all your help, I start my holydays the
> > 8th to the 24th.
> >
> > Saludos cordiales
> > Lluis

Chris Saganich, M.S.
Senior Physicist, Office of Health Physics
New York Presbyterian Hospital
chs2018@med.cornell.edu
http://intranet.med.cornell.edu/research/health_phys/
Ph. 212.746.6964