Subject: [Leica] Question for M8ers
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed Jul 30 19:34:06 2008

On Jul 30, 2008, at 7:11 PM, Ric Carter wrote:

> Okay, I have a pretty good feel for the physics of full frame versus
> M8 cell conversion -- 1.3 multiplication -- field of view versus
> focal length -- that stuff. That's not what I'm looking for here.
>
> Now the question for M8 users.
>
> Did your favorite or standard or most often used lens change from
> classic M to M8?
>
> If you used to like 50s , have you switched to 35s? If you old
> favorite was 35s, are you using the 28 mostly now?
> Did 50 lovers stay with 50?
>
> Are you less likely to use 90 or 135?
>
> Are you more likely to use ultra-wides?

yes Ric, things have changed exactly as you anticipate, not too
surprisingly...  before it was 50mm esp Noctilux and the lux 75mm
1.4...both I love...now in spite of my preference for the look of
those lenses it is the 35mm's,  28mm's,  and even the 24mm and the
21mm...

if your choice is based on focal length, you do this, in spite of your
preference for the special fingerprint of certain longer lenses...

of course there are some beautiful choices in the 35, 28, 24, and  21
mm range lenses...

Steve