Subject: [Leica] How to get an M8 for $3200...
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu Jul 17 20:25:14 2008

Olympus is schzio that way. 4 years between E-1 and E-3? Then less
than a year between the 400, 410, and 420?

I suspect they had sensor problems. I hope they solve that now. I am
pretty invested in the ZD glass, second only to the Lecia M lens.
Would be good to have a good upgrade in a few year's time.

But to concur all that have been said, I used the R-D1 for 3 years
and enjoyed every part of it. Still has it of course, but now I
change the type of shooting I do, but I feel the lure of rangefinder
tugging at me :-)

Actually, I am having a 50/2 Summicro R specially adapted to the XPan
right now. It won't cover the full pano frame, and it may not be 100%
accurate focus wise (they are doing the best), but should be
interesting to have a fast lens for the XPan...

At 07:59 PM 7/17/2008, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:
>... I don't know about the flagship E3 but Olympus has
>publically committed to at least 12 monthly model changes on the rest of
>their DSLRs. Ask the owners of the E400, E410, E510 ;-)

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] How to get an M8 for $3200...)
Reply from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] How to get an M8 for $3200...)
Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] How to get an M8 for $3200...)