Subject: [Leica] How to get an M8 for $3200...
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Jul 17 19:59:20 2008

Richard, see the smiley in my reply ;-)
Of course, what I indicated was that there is no need to dump your camera
when a new camera model comes along. It will still work just fine. Now
technolust is a different thing ;-)
Naturally, I knew that you were an Olympus user.

But seriously, Leicas of course have much longer product lives than many
other brands. The product longevity of the M6, especially and M7 are
textbook cases. I don't know about the flagship E3 but Olympus has
publically committed to at least 12 monthly model changes on the rest of
their DSLRs. Ask the owners of the E400, E410, E510 ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/