Subject: [Leica] A Questionable Haze?
From: mknawabi.lug at gmail.com (Yama Nawabi)
Date: Thu Jul 17 20:15:23 2008

I'm still going at the "street photography" thing (however subjective
that may be) and loving it. This was an attempt at a hipshot, which
seemed to work pretty well. Exposure was good to my eyes, however, I
notice when I scan in these negatives, they look a little funny.

I have gotten rid of that milky white look by fixing my negatives
longer, this was a problem I used to have before. However, I do not
really know how to maintain my developer temperature. The temp went up
from 20 C to 23 C and I had developed at ASA 400 (9 min, 30 seconds).
Fixed for 10 minutes. The other change I had done during this develop
was using a film squeegee, however I doubt that really had caused this haze.

What I am trying to figure out is whether this developing error had
caused that funny black haze above the asian lady's head ( in the left
side of the photo )

http://flickr.com/photos/helloyama/2672482550/
And here is another example, to the left of the lady w/ the stroller's head.
http://flickr.com/photos/helloyama/2671662789/

Anyone have any clues? Danke

--
Yama Nawabi