Subject: [Leica] When 12mp is just not enough
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Jul 10 10:28:15 2008

Lots of gear in this area is never going to be bought by anybody.
Its going to be rented. Comes with a person who operates the software and
sits behind a large monitor.
Buying such gear would be the worst economic decision a person even photo
studio could ever make; because its well into the tens of thousands of
dollars and its lifetime will be measured in days and weeks not months and
years.
Much shorter than a DSLR camera with a 24x36mm or smaller sensor.

Both shorter and more expensive by at least one decimal point from all I can
make out.

I'd say someone who felt they needed medium format and large format film in
their previous life would be looking at medium format and large format
digital in their present life. Watching and waiting for some breakthrough
low cost options. By rogue digital back companies.
In Norway; or Iceland. Or the southern North Pole.
Perhaps Santa's Helpers are working on it.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner