Subject: [Leica] Was Nikon D700 Now M8 Upgrade
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Jul 2 12:29:53 2008

In storage in Portland I have most my Leica stuff:

90mm f2.8 Elmarit M I got at camera world 1/7/1997  for $1275.95 now new at
B&H pure cane camera for 2 grand. (minus five bucks)

24mm f2.8 Elmarit M I got at camera world 11/19/1999 for $1650 now at B&H
Price:$3,295

The math from my Mac calc with tape:
3295 / 2 = 1647.5

So that's double your money in 9 years. Assuming the price of money stayed
the same. And you're still walking in portrait mode. (alive)

Does this mean I can sell if for what I got it for?
Perish the thought.

I'd wait for Soligar to come back and make a digital body for the glass.
Or some upstart .com company.

I'll just do the next one.....

35mm f2 Summicron M I got at camera world 2/19/2000 for $1495 now at B&H
Price to sell today only for you only: 3 grand.
Minus five bucks.

Send me a Wheaties box top I'll name another.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner