Subject: [Leica] OT: New Nikon D700 full frame
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Jun 30 23:43:23 2008

Yes its very hard for Nikon to make lenses.
Which is why they are beating the pants off of right about everybody glass
wise. With a fraction of Canon's resources; or Leica's classy price point;

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0807/08070102nikonpcemicro45mm85mm.asp
Nikon PC-E Micro 45 mm and 85 mm lenses

http://press.nikonusa.com/lenses/

PC-E Nikkor 24mm f/3.5D ED Tilt/Shift lens ?1829
Also PC-E Micro Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED and a PC-E Micro Nikkor 85mm
f/2.8D ED

AF-S Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED lens ?519
IF / Nanon crystal coating.

AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR ?599
VRII.

http://press.nikonusa.com/2008/07/nikon_further_extends_the_nikk.php

PROFESSIONAL ZOOM LENSES ENTER "PRIME TIME"? WITH TWO NEW NIKKOR LENSES THAT
RIVAL PRIME-LENS PERFORMANCE

Nikon Introduces the World's First 14mm Ultra Wide-Angle Zoom Lens with a
Constant f/2.8 Aperture and a Highly Versatile 24-70mm f/2.8 Zoom, Making
Professional Lens Selection Easier Than Ever

The AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED lens is highly versatile and can be ideal
for a range of different photographic applications. Photojournalists can
tell the entire story with a single shot, interior photography can be done
without fisheye distortion, or a breathtaking landscape can be captured in
one frame.

The AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED is a highly practical and multi-talented
lens that allows photographers to photograph anything from tight portraits
to expansive landscapes with just one high-performance fast aperture lens.

I am exceedingly excited about what Nikon is doing with glass.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner