Subject: [Leica] THIS IS SHEILA JOHNSON
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Tue Jun 24 04:07:32 2008

Hi All:
Firstly- thanks for the kind words- they mean so very much to me. The post
processing was kept to an absolute minimum in this case. The lens story is
interesting. Many years ago, I purchased a Canon 7 and 0.95 at a small photo
shop owned by a friend. I have no recollection as to what I paid for both
but I doubt it was more than $500, in the 1970s. I used both for a time but
I had always wanted an M, so I traded them in for an M3. Years later the
regrets hit me- I went looking for a Canon 7 which I purchased, I think from
Ken Hansen Photo- in New York. The camera was very clean, but the 0.95 was
nowhere to be found. My Camera Repair shop called me one day. I had left
word that I was looking for the 0.95 and they called me and told me that
they had a pristine one. I divided the price into 4 payments and bought the
lens over 4 months. Thereafter, it was converted for M use. Frankly, when I
converted to digital I remember asking the list if there would ever be a
digital M. Patiently, it was explained why that just wouldn't work. Now we
have the M8- but that regrettably is way beyond my means- In any event- I
think I will now begin to use a bit of film- so that I can use the lens and
my Ms again. Hopefully India is in my future- and I will take both digital
and film with me. Bests: vroger

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] THIS IS SHEILA JOHNSON)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] THIS IS SHEILA JOHNSON)