Subject: [Leica] "Budget" full frame Nikon SLR
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri Jun 20 06:35:46 2008

Frank,

In the case of the 10.5mm fisheye, the image you get on a full frame
digital camera or a film camera looks kinda like a clearly defined
keyhole in the middle of the frame. Other DX lenses like the 18-200
zoom do not fill the frame at the wide end. The 1.5x crop with these
two lenses is the only practical solution if you have a large number
of photos to process. You are not losing information with the crop
because there is none to lose.

The vignetting I mentioned is on full frame, older lenses, like the
AFS 17-35mm when used on the D3. The vignetting on this lens is
unacceptable for a professional lens which this is. To a lesser
degree the AFS VR 70-200 lens has the same problem.

Len