Subject: [Leica] "Budget" full frame Nikon SLR
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Thu Jun 19 19:36:27 2008

The reason to publish FX and DX specs is the full frame Nikons can
use the Nikon Dx lenses that were released before the full frame
cameras came out. The D3 can automatically switch to DX mode when
these lenses are used. Nikon hardly ever obsoletes their lenses. As
Chris mentioned he can use his 10.5 MP fisheye on his D3 even though
it was designed for the 1.5 X crop bodies.

Len