Subject: [Leica] Radio upper air probe
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat May 31 07:04:25 2008

If it's Velsalla (Mecatechnica) and not vaisalla - DON'T touch it!
They're an Italian manufacturer of antipersonnel mines.
Seriously though, it is very probably a Vaisala RS92 Radiosonde. A
pressure tempearature and humidity sensor package.

http://www.hobeco.net/F_rs92.html
http://www.vaisala.com/

Probably a very expensive piece of equipment, someone is sure to be
prepared to pay a finder's reward for it

Cheers
Douglas