Subject: [Leica] Another color shot
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat May 24 15:02:46 2008

Hola Luis. You and I have compared scans from your slides before. With a
good film scanner you should be getting plenty of detail and tonal range
from scans of good film like that. Although it is not the same as
projection, on a good computer screen it should look very bright and sharp.
You should not be disappointed. Printed large they should still look really
good. For me, well exposed slide film was always much easier to scan than
any negative film. I mean especially getting the colour right and the
fineness of the grain. The Fuji professional slide films are very dense and
adjusting scanning technique helps a lot. Most importantly, a good film
scanner like the Nikons or Minoltas will do a much better job than any
flatbed scanner. Faster, sharper, bigger range of tones and colours and
especially more detail in the shadows.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e