Subject: [Leica] Schneider & Kaufmann shattering news
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Thu May 15 15:34:09 2008

At 00:13 16.05.2008, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>Sounds very much like if its not AF they're not going to do it and the R
>system is not AF so that's my 2+2=

Mark,
Your conclusion is not evident at all. He is hinting on a upcoming AF Leica
DSLR, ok. But why should such a camera not be able to use the manual focus R
lenses?
What's shure in any case, they won't call it "Leica R.A.F."! :-)

>I don't need AutoFocus;
>I AM AutoFocus.

Though I consider myself as a quite quick rangefinder focuser, I admit to
appreciate autofocus from time to time. Leica MUST step into that. The
manual focus dogma is just another myth they gotta give up.

Didier

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Schneider & Kaufmann shattering news)