Subject: [Leica] Schneider & Kaufmann shattering news
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu May 15 15:13:12 2008

> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 02:59:20AM -0400, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>> http://www.popphoto.com/popularphotographyfeatures/5316/the-future-of-leica.h
>> tml
>>
>> In this interview with Jason Schneider at RIT Andreas Kaufmann shatters a
>> couple of very key assumptions or opinions I have about Leicas very much
>> needed direction.
>>
>> Imagine no full frame digital Leica rangefinder.
>> Imagine no digital R body.
>
> I'm not sure where you read that there will be no digital R body.  Would
> you mind quoting the relevant text?

quote:
Kaufmann: Again, I cannot say anything very specific until July, but I can
tell you we are seriously investigating the possibility of producing one or
more true Leica DSLR cameras, possibly in a format other than Four Thirds.
Nikon rumors aside, Leica is the only company that now offers both DSLR and
digital rangefinder systems, and we know the market wants DSLRs with
autofocus lenses. So if this is going to happen we know that our engineers
and design partners definitely have their work cut out for them.

End of quote

Sounds very much like if its not AF they're not going to do it and the R
system is not AF so that's my 2+2=

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Schneider & Kaufmann shattering news)