Subject: [Leica] Scary Stuff
From: rhc3vt at hotmail.com (Richard Coutant)
Date: Wed May 14 13:14:28 2008

Tina - Where in Brooklyn did this happen?  My daughter and her family live
in  Windsor Terrace, and I ride the F train from their place in and out of
Manhattan whenever I'm down there.  In fact just a couple of weeks ago we
went to a party in Tribeca and came back pretty late, fortunately without
running into any problems.  Lots of photo opportunities on the platform and
trains, but I tend to carry something as small as possible, like an Olympus
XA, rather than a Leica!
I'm glad your adughter is okay, hope they catch the guys.

Richard> Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:51:56 -0400> To: lug@leica-users.org>
From: images@comporium.net> Subject: [Leica] Scary Stuff> > LUG:> > My
daughter just called to tell me she was mugged walking home from > the
subway in Brooklyn last night. Two guys tried to grab her > purse. She
should have just given it to them but she has a temper > and she fought
back. She ended up bruised and scratched. They > knocked her to the ground
and she hit her head and broke her hearing > aid. She says she screamed and
screamed but nobody came to > help. The guys finally gave up and ran off
when a taxi pulled > up. They only got her hat.> > She's moving back home in
August. I wish it were sooner!> > Be careful out there.> > Tina> > Tina
Manley> http://www.tinamanley.com > > >