Subject: [Leica] Scary Stuff
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed May 14 01:58:52 2008

Yep, this is everywhere.  My wife was carjacked in the parking lot of a
grocery store.  She wouldn't give her keys and purse and was hurt pretty
badly - black eye, bruises, broken nose, etc. The grocery store manager told
the staff not to offer any help.  I got there when the ambulance pulled up,
and she was sitting on the curb in front of the store, bleeding all over the
place.  I noticed two big signs on the front of the store, saying "24-hour
security".  I had a P.I. friend check the records, and there had been about
20 gun, knife and strongarm robberies in that lot in the past few months.

As you say, be careful.  Glad she's OK.

Ken