Subject: [Leica] IMG: Some shiny stuff for the glass cabinet
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri Apr 25 15:30:37 2008

Len,
I knew the Retina IIIC was an expensive camera on the s/h market, but I
never knew the small c carried a price tag like that - I'm amazed. You
can get Leica screw bodies for less than that here.
I also just discovered, after taking a closer look at my Retina IIc,
that it also takes the same accessory lenses.
This could be the start of a little Retina renaissance.
I already had some excellent results from a IB I picked up in a junk
shop in the UK a few years ago, so I know that the 50mm Xenars are
superb lenses, so know I'm looking forward to finding out whether the 35
and 80 are just as good. Anyone out there have any experience with them?
Cheers
Douglas