Subject: [Leica] IMG: Some shiny stuff for the glass cabinet
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri Apr 25 15:40:32 2008

Jim, I think I will have fun with them when I find the time,

I've just been looking into the history of Nagel Kodak and the Retinas a
little. I had never really considered them as being anything in a
quality (or price) range anywhere even approaching Leica, even though
I've owned a IB and a IIc for quite a while and was positively impressed
by the build quality.
Probably because I grew up in a time when Kodak for me was just a film
manufacturers name on Instamatics and Pocket cameras and Zeiss and Leica
were the cameras of my dreams (which were later partially fulfilled with
my first SLR - a Contaflex).
Cheers
Douglas

Message from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Some shiny stuff for the glass cabinet)