Subject: [Leica] noctilux factoid of the day
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Thu Apr 24 20:06:29 2008

Frank,

It's highly unlikely but possible for Leica to rent time on an IBM
mainframe running Fortran in 1966. That was the year I was exposed to
a computer in college. Unfortunately it was a very brief introduction
in one of my math or EE courses and only lasted about two weeks where
we had a class project to solve what I recall was not a very
complicated equation. Booking time on the computer was very difficult
to get as the profs got 1st dibs. My next exposure to computers was
when my company was given a prototype IBM pc for the purpose of
developing a modem for it. I think that was about in 1980. Shortly
after that I got my Apple II.

Len