Subject: Mark_Re: [Leica] F 5.6 and don't be there!
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Apr 22 06:14:19 2008

Len, with respect, I see the sharpest plane as at about the back of Mark's
right hand, not his face. But maybe some subject movement? Plus I suspect
just maybe some influence by the softer outer zone performance? I love to
see that LTM in Mark's hand with the finder. Of course I understand that Rei
could not be sharp here without repealing some optical laws. I also need to
say that I certainly could not have done better. Kudos for shooting LUGgers
in available light. I wish I was there too.
I bow my head in respect for you folks that can make those Noctis work. I
readily confess that I could not. But then you might know my passion for the
most modern, sharpest, best corrected anyway.
Hey, I did try an M8 and Nocti on a LUGger  once,
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/b_001/KI+06crop.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/6og8uc

and on my M7, but then I wasn't trying to focus on the face! That's a REAL
50 on Marty's M8. This would not be wide open. I do respect the Nocti flare
resistance.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/b_001/KI+08crop.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/5galrh

Marty demonstrating the DoF or something about Canon shooters, holding my M7
(sob!)and the Nocti. Shot with M8 and 50 asph
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/b_001/KI12.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/3dvotz
Can you see why I am passionate about the 50 Summilux asph? Look at the lack
of veiling glare, the colour saturation and clarity within the shadowed
areas. Look at the performance out to the edges, even though OOF.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/