Subject: [Leica] Steve Barbour's book, I never wanted to be famous
From: leica68 at gmail.com (Parker D. Haeg)
Date: Fri Apr 11 16:49:36 2008

I just got my copy Steve and I can't put it down.  The photographs are
gripping and quite touching.  "Care in the ICU" on p.52 is absolutely
incredible.  I don't know if I want to cry out for the suffering of this
child or cheer the dedication of woman hovering over the child, emitting
such gentle care.  Wow.  You deserve all the accolades you've received.  The
book really is a work of documentary art.  You've tapped into a vein or
tradition of American documentary photography that I for one, miss.  And you
thought retirement would be quiet.
Parker