Subject: [Leica] photography 95 yrs ago
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Apr 11 10:35:32 2008

Jack Maddox offered:
Subject:photography 95 yrs ago

>>I came across a good read today on the google book search site. It is The
American Annual of Photography from 1913. It is a pdf file that can be
downloaded or read online. It is 300 or so pages of essays by

different individuals on the state of photography in 1913.<<

Hi Jack,

Well they've got me beat by a few years with their annual via computer.

However I have an original book of U.S. CAMERA ANNUAL 1939!

It isn't in magazine form, but wire ring bound hard covers with an amazing
collection of B&W pictures.

I have several similar annuals into the early 1940's also.

Some day maybe we'll put them on e-bay. Maybe I said. ;-)

I never miss an opportunity to delve through old used book stores looking
for things photographic. I know I have a few older books here, but this was
close at hand. Incredible reproductions for the time.

ted

It is loaded

with photos that are superb considering the antiquated equipment of the

time or for that matter for the equipment we have at our disposal today.

As you read it is striking that the authors of 100 years ago were

discussing some of the same subjects we address on the LUG today.If you

find this file interesting there are several more issues on the same

site ranging from 1884 to 1923. Just do a google book search being sure

to check the full view box and use the dates of 0 to 1923. 1923 being

the last date that all  copyrights have expired.

http://books.google.com/books?id=l-9IAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA325&dq=The+american+annua
l+of+photography+date:0-1923&lr=&as_brr=0#PPR10,M1

*http://tinyurl.com/5gderl*

Jack