Subject: [Leica] photography 95 yrs ago
From: jmaddox01 at suddenlink.net (Jack Maddox)
Date: Thu Apr 10 18:07:27 2008

I came across a good read today on the google book search site. It is
The American Annual of Photography from 1913. It is a pdf file that can
be downloaded or read online. It is 300 or so pages of essays by
different individuals on the state of photography in 1913. It is loaded
with photos that are superb considering the antiquated equipment of the
time or for that matter for the equipment we have at our disposal today.
As you read it is striking that the authors of 100 years ago were
discussing some of the same subjects we address on the LUG today.If you
find this file interesting there are several more issues on the same
site ranging from 1884 to 1923. Just do a google book search being sure
to check the full view box and use the dates of 0 to 1923. 1923 being
the last date that all  copyrights have expired.

http://books.google.com/books?id=l-9IAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA325&dq=The+american+annual+of+photography+date:0-1923&lr=&as_brr=0#PPR10,M1

*http://tinyurl.com/5gderl*

Jack

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] photography 95 yrs ago)