Subject: [Leica] CV 15mm lens on M8 --- WHAT IS THIS?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Mar 30 15:25:03 2008

I have no idea how this topic is what it says. "15mm lens on M8" and
preview-review or no view? :-)

Actually preview - review or no view, does it really matter if one is a
photographer who knows what they're doing? Oh sure a couple of shots every
14 months or so it might help. So?

If we count up the number of years totaling all LUG members who shot  film
exposures before digital and the fold out view every which way was invented,
I bet we all did a pretty damn fine job without this swiveling screen.

Sure live view is a kind of neat thing, but really is it a be all to end all
item everyday one is shooting?

Hell I'd much rather have an economical M of some kind that doesn't create
magenta, works as well as all the film M's did, than all the eye views in
the world.

I suppose if one is shooting ant hills where it's tough to get down on your
knees or you wish to do a "Hail Mary" shot of some kind then fair ball I
suppose that's OK.

But many shooters did both of these, particularly the good old fashion "Hail
Mary" thing even with a Speed Graphic and we managed to survive with some
not bad exposures ! Trust me if you want a challenge.. Do it with the Speed
Graphic! :-)

Fold out all-view? Hell it's a kids toy! :-) Oh jeeesh now I've done it
again! ;-)

Yeah but isn't it fun? :-)

ted