Subject: [Leica] IMG: House Wren
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Mar 30 17:59:52 2008

Doug Herr offered:

Subject:IMG: House Wren

>>The House Wren is a very drab-looking bird but it's full of life and
energy.<<<

Hi Doug,

Well he or she might not be the brightest looking bird on the block, but
then this is a pretty crispy sharp looking bird photo. :-) I'd be only too
pleased to knock one off anywhere near like it.

We have feeders on our back deck and Mrs. G. fills them daily so we have
lots of all kinds of feathered friends flitting about.

Some days I have a moment or two when I think I should get the gear and
shoot, well no I mean, "attempt to photograph" some birds. :-)

The thought is quickly dismissed when I think of the beautiful bird and
critter images you post and the question pops up. "Why even think it, when
Doug blows everyone out of the water with his talent and photographic
skills?"

So I sit back and watch them flying back and forth feeding to their delight
which allows me the enjoyment of just watching a Great Spirit critter just
doing it's thing. :-)

Actually some days it's so relaxing without any pressure of trying to hit
the button at just the right second.

So you just keep them coming and I can sit back and enjoy the real thing
without the pressure of capturing it on, "I was going to say film!" Then I
remembered! It's Digital! :-)

Thanks Doug,

ted