Subject: [Leica] Another ZM lens on the horizon
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Mon Mar 24 08:05:37 2008

Quoth the Jeffery Smith :

> Looks like a new 35/2.8 Biogon is going to be making its way into
> the market. I think I have enough slow 35mm lenses.

There's a 21/4.5 in the lineup now, too.  I suspect that with the
Summarits and the weak dollar (!), Zeiss is thinking that there might
be a significant market for a slower and less expensive line,
especially as the low-light performance of digicams continues to
improve.  The 35/2 is nudging the 4-figure mark at B&H now; a
smaller, lighter 2.8 will probably do well at 700, 750, somewhere in
there. It's a step up from the Ultron and competing with the Summarit
at a huge price cut.

The target market here is the new RF fans, NOT the folks who're still
buying glass for their one-owner IIIf's and M3 DS models....

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Another ZM lens on the horizon)
Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Another ZM lens on the horizon)
Reply from mknawabi at gmail.com (Yama Nawabi) ([Leica] Another ZM lens on the horizon)