Subject: [Leica] Another ZM lens on the horizon
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Mar 24 09:02:48 2008

I disagree... the target market is the same as what I think the Summarits
are aimed for:  the Used Lens Buyer, who would ( prefer to ?) buy new, if
the price were right.

All of these lenses are priced against the used Summicrons, summarons,
elmarits, etc....    21, 24, 28, (especially) 35, and 50.  Used prices have
dramatically risen in the 21, 24, and 28 markets because of the M8.  The new
Zeiss lenses, and the Cosina models as well, are competent performers.   And
face it, you do not have to deal with some idiot on Ebay who lies about the
lens condition and the gunk in the optical chain that " does not affect lens
performance".......

New is better, but pricing, since the dollar is in the tank, is just out of
sight.  Fix that problem and you have a market.  Thus the Summarit lineup,
Cosina, and Zeiss.

Oh to be back at 1 euro = $1

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

The target market here is the new RF fans, NOT the folks who're still
buying glass for their one-owner IIIf's and M3 DS models....

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Another ZM lens on the horizon)
Message from leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] Another ZM lens on the horizon)