Subject: [Leica] Questions about Visoflex III
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin@afirkin.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 18:08:53 2008

Lluis, the visoflex is a great bit of "kit". I have had one for many years
now and I do love using it. Its not a perfect solution, and light metering
requires you to put up the mirror etc, but it does work. On the M8 its best
to build in a bit of a delay in the shutter to allow the camera time to
meter, in the M7 it would be the same, in the M6 you have to put up the
mirror and meter with the range finder first.

I use and recomment the 65 Elmar: amazing lens for its time and wonderful
for close up work. Not easy to find and they were expensive when I bought
mine. There are a number of telephotos: I have the 280mm and have some
wonderful bird shots done with this. I also use my enlarging lenes on the
Visoflex, but with the 65mm they do not get used much any more. Occasionally
I will use the bellows: its the best made bellows unit I've ever had.

Cheers

Alastair