Subject: [Leica] More management blabla
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Mar 10 07:48:28 2008

Michiel,I bet they haven't actually built an R lens in over two years.  When
LHSA was at the factory in 2006/10 they only had M lenses in production.  It
makes no sense to have an oversize sensor when you can get over 22MP out of
24x36 and ISO's over 3200 that look very good by any standard.  What does
make sense is to increase bit depth as the new processors(see Brian's quad
processor MAC) can handle 64bit files.  That could increase dynamic range in
the file and improve color performance.  Last, finer pixel pitch works in
Leica's favor as it showcases the lenses.

But, just a WAG, could Leica be talking to Canon as a sensor provider?  With
Erwin doing puff pieces on Canon glass can an arrangement  be far behind.
 Panasonic can't seem to build enough of the desirable small cameras to meet
demand; that opens the door for possible new arrangements.

--
Don
don.dory@gmail.com

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] More management blabla)