Subject: [Leica] More management blabla
From: michiel.fokkema at (Michiel
Date: Mon Mar 10 05:11:03 2008

Something on the R line will be shown on the photokina. But what is
totally uncertain. But they should know at least what the overall
concept will be. If the old lenses will be compatible, why not say it
right now? That will keep the confidence in the R- line and help the
sales of new lenses. I will not buy any new R glass until I know what
they will do and I bet there will be no, or limited, lens

Michiel Fokkema

On 10/03/2008, A. Lal <> wrote:
> The bit below was interesting:
>  "Compatibility is a question which moves R users in particular. Will the
> old
>  R lenses be compatible?
>  I?m sorry but I won?t comment on this topic today.
>  Why are you making such a secret out of this?
>  I am not fond of announcing things at such an early stage. I?m convinced
> of
>  what we?re developing right now but the products are not ready for the
>  market yet. We want to be able to stand behind the new product completely.
>  It shall more than satisfy the needs of our customers."
>  Perhaps a new lens mount for the R, with only limited compatibility?

Replies: Reply from don.dory at (Don Dory) ([Leica] More management blabla)
Reply from red735i at (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] More management blabla)
Message from leica at (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] More management blabla)
Message from alal at (A. Lal) ([Leica] More management blabla)