Subject: [Leica] OT best light monopod ?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Mar 8 14:58:45 2008

Another one for the Ted adventures book!
We hope that Steve won't be fighting off too many crazed muggers in the
hospital confines; or maybe bad attitude coyotes in the desert? ;-)
An acquaintance of mine once did use a camera for self defence, actually
breaking a camera body off the end of a telephoto over the assailant's head!
This was back when SLR's were rather more substantially constructed. On
carrying cameras with monopods, I found that you could brace the retracted
assembly against your body for a very steady support, too.

Cheers
Geoff