Subject: [Leica] Travel question
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Feb 28 17:53:19 2008

Hi Doug, I am sure that you are right. I was making a joke regarding
airports everywhere and people offending or otherwise annoying
large security persons!
Allow me to requote from my original mail in case someone thinks I am
accusing the German folks of being bad guys.

"Hi John, posts that detail enviable trips to interesting locations are at
risk of attracting jealous replies rather than helpful
information ;-).
For Germany, the rule is that everything that is not permitted is verboten!
For all airport security arrangements, be patient, helpful, co-operative and
keep smiling. Better than a session in a closed room
with two gorillas and rubber gloves.
Sorry for unhelpful, irreverent e-mail. I couldn't resist! Don't forget to
show us some photos after you return."

I'd love to see Germany, I've never been, however I like to think that there
is a significant part of their GDP in my camera bags.

Cheers
Irreverent Geoff