Subject: (Re: [Leica] Capa or here we go again) Now Kubrick
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Tue Jan 29 14:24:39 2008

If you have Portraits, 1976, by Avedon, check out the 5  8x10
verticals stitched together of the Mission Council, Saigon, 4/27/71.
The best and the brightest.  Kubrick couldn't of done better.
Walt, I think I owe you an image. I went to the Nikon Carcasorium in
Yorba Linda, CA, the day after the dignitaries' funeral event. The
library was open to the public. His grave was still a pile of dirt,
waiting for the headstone. I shot it with an M4-P, 35mm 'cron, on
color neg. What made the shot were the feet and legs of little
children playing tag around the dirt. The occasional misses left tiny
little foot marks on the dirt. A very moving image of my former
commander in chief, sigh!
s.d.