Subject: [Leica] Capa or here we go again
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Jan 28 08:41:41 2008

Good Lord, Howard - What is so improbable that someone might shoot two
people dying on approximately the same spot if the photographer was crouched
nearby, camera pointed toward the spot?

I think what puzzles me the most about all this is not whether or not it is
real, but the seeming compulsion on the part of some to insist that it is
not.

How is it that Eddie Adams managed to push his shutter release at the
precise instant the Gen. Lon's bullet entered the skull of the VC captive?
Was that execution staged for Adams? Was he complicit in it?

How did Bob Jackson happen to be in precisely the right position to get that
astounding photo of Jack Ruby shooting Oswald? Was he tipped ahead that the
shooting would take place?

I don't think anyone asks those questions, yet, if one believes that
uncritical "acceptance of this most improbable coincidence is inadequate,
> irresponsible journalism" is the only way to view the possibility that Capa
shot - sorry - two people on the same spot, how can one deal with those other
two astounding coincidences?

B. D.