Subject: [Leica] IMG: Fuzzillogic 6 - Rules!
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Jan 23 10:56:38 2008

This is also S.O.P. in Athens, except that is more sneaky there.
While attending a conference there in 2001 or 2002, I went out for
dinner alone one evening. Weather was nice, the Ouzo was cheap, and
frankly I got pretty drunk. I was sitting at an outside table in a
restaurant. I then started talking to a local guy who convinced me to
accompany him to a bar for a drink. Sure, why not, thought the naive
Northern European...Once in the bar, I immediately recognized the
nature of the place, but what the hell--a few drinks could not
hurt...until I was presented with a bill for 500 EUR which I simply
refused to pay. After a long negotiation with the manager of the
place in his office the bill was reduced to 100 EUR and I staggered
back to my hotel, cursing the Greeks along the way.

Nathan