Subject: [Leica] When in doubt ask photographer
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon Jan 14 08:56:32 2008

Walt,

>> I saw a lot of wide-angle obsessive compulsives in the 70's.<<

Count me in to that group. And I never grew out of it. I hate digital
because the crop factor feels like it's constricting my field of view. I
know I haven't lost anything because my new 14mm is just like my old 21.
But I'd prefer it if the 14 really was a 14. I mean, if you go from a
car that gets 20 MPG to a car that gets 30 MPG, but the price of gas
increases 50 percent, what have you really gained. You feel good that
you use less fossil fuel, but you feel bad because your car is smaller
and probably lacks power. I want my car to get at least 30 MPG and still
have power and I want gas to be at the old price. Is that too much to
ask? :-)

DaveR

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] When in doubt ask photographer)
Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] When in doubt ask photographer)