Subject: [Leica] Blurb books (a little catalogue)
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Dec 30 21:43:52 2007

To answer both the point made by Mark: yes, there is obviously a
difference between a published book like Kyle's and a self-published
book like mine. But Blurb and similar services has made publishing
more widely available, and in maintaining my list I am not going to
make any judgements about the relative merits of this or that book.
It is just a list that people can look at and choose from. And BTW, I
think that Doug Herr's book, even though it is self-published, is one
of the best nature photography books I have ever seen.

As for Kyle's point: sure, we are a group of people who have
accomplished many things and published many books and papers, but
photography is what initially brought us together here on the list,
and although many of us have formed wider-ranging friendships and
have discovered other sides of fellow list members, I still want to
keep the focus on photography books in my little list (also because
that list is part of a photography web site).

Nathan