Subject: [Leica] R8 - mirror sticks in up position - where in US for fast service?
From: 4spam at eh21.com (Artist Eric Hiss)
Date: Mon Dec 17 12:13:24 2007

Hi All,

My R8 camera body seems to be sick. About every 3rd shot the mirror sticks
in the up position and the camera winder is slack. If I move the winder
lever to the full out position and let it snap back several times the mirror
will come back to its normal rest and I can wind the camera for the next
frame.  Anyone have that problem with their R and know what it is?

I use this camera a lot and want to have it repaired quickly - have heard
about the long turnaround times with the Leica NJ service - so was wondering
where else I might send it for service?  I'm in San Francisco...

Thanks,
Eric

Replies: Reply from pjleeson at mchsi.com (Philip Leeson) ([Leica] R8 - mirror sticks in up position - where in US for fast service?)
Reply from phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] R8 - mirror sticks in up position - where in US for fast service?)