Subject: [Leica] R8 - mirror sticks in up position - where in US for fast service?
From: pjleeson at mchsi.com (Philip Leeson)
Date: Mon Dec 17 15:04:54 2007

Eric:
I sold my R8, so don't have one to look at, but you might check the
condition of the foam mirror cushion at the front of the focusing
screen.
I've had Nikons where the foam deteriorates, causing the mirror to
stick up.
A GENTLE tug downward, and voila' mirror pops down, then advance works.
An easy DIY fix.

Phil