Subject: [Leica] help me electrocute myself and destroy my new camera!
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Fri Dec 14 09:40:46 2007

I know that 8% of you are electrical engineers and 14% of you would like to
see my camera catch fire -- so let me pose what I'm sure will be a question
of general interest.

I recently acquired the Leica D1h you've all heard so much about in the
media -- but it came with no battery charger. Chargers on ebay and Amazon,
sell for $75 or $150 -- which is absurd. My question is this:

Can I go to radio shack and buy a battery charger whose output is equal to
or less than 8.7v 1.4a (the specs of the dedicated Leica charger) and just
alligator clip the positive terminal on hte charger to the positive terminal
on the battery, do the same with the negative, and eschew the $80
proprietary connector?

Thanks!

Kyle (next to the smoking house)

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] help me electrocute myself and destroy my new camera!)