Subject: [Leica] help me electrocute myself and destroy my new camera!
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Fri Dec 14 12:25:54 2007

This is the charger you want. It will charge any battery out there.
It will also discharge batteries, if you choose to do so, Taking care
of the memory problems.
I have one for my Rollei batteries.
s.d.
http://www.zbattery.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1475/.f

On Dec 14, 2007, at 9:40 AM, Kyle Cassidy wrote:

I know that 8% of you are electrical engineers and 14% of you would
like to see my camera catch fire -- so let me pose what I'm sure will
be a question of general interest.

I recently acquired the Leica D1h you've all heard so much about in
the media -- but it came with no battery charger. Chargers on ebay
and Amazon, sell for $75 or $150 -- which is absurd. My question is
this:

Can I go to radio shack and buy a battery charger whose output is
equal to or less than 8.7v 1.4a (the specs of the dedicated Leica
charger) and just alligator clip the positive terminal on hte charger
to the positive terminal on the battery, do the same with the
negative, and eschew the $80 proprietary connector?

Thanks!

Kyle (next to the smoking house)