Subject: [Leica] help me electrocute myself and destroy my new camera!
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri Dec 14 10:07:33 2007

I wouldn't do it. Nickel Metal Hydride battery chargers are more than just
power supplies. They adjust (and sometimes pulse) the charging voltage based
on what they see happening with the electricity that they are sending in.
The charger makes assumptions about the nature of the battery into which it
is pumping electricity.

One replacement battery is more expensive than a charger.

I'd phone up one of the discount battery companies and ask them about
discount chargers. There's some complexity in the Nikon MH-16 charger that I
don't fully understand, but the discount battery companies make it their
business to know this sort of thing.

Replies: Reply from mak at teleport.com (Mark Kronquist) ([Leica] help me electrocute myself and destroy my new camera!)