Subject: [Leica] RAW archiving
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat Dec 8 09:32:44 2007

Aram,

That's an interesting question. I have been shooting raw exclusively
for about 3 years now. I have been archiving them in raw format as
well. And that is with 3 different raw formats, Nikon .nef,
Canon .cr2, and Adobe (M8) .dng. I would expect those 3 formats from
those 3 large companies to survive the software updates for at least
5 or maybe 10 years. I think the problem will come up in 20, 50 or
100 years from now. I think in 20 years it won't matter what form the
archive is as long as you can make a print of it.

Len