Subject: [Leica] RAW archiving
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Dec 8 09:49:46 2007

I convert all of my RAW files to DNG for exactly this reason.
However, I don't see any problem in a 5-year time frame. Programs that can
read RAW just keep adding more flavors, and never remove any. The problem
will be in a 50-year time frame, and my current
belief is that DNG stands the best chance of lasting 50 years.