Subject: Re: [Leica] New Voigtländer 21mm M mount
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov)
Date: Fri Dec 7 11:02:45 2007

The 21 CV is still the best option for the LTM bodies.
It walks circles around the old S/A f4.
CV does have a different optical philosophy for contrast and
sharpness than a German manufacturer. The CV lenses remind me of the
Nikon halcyon days of the 70's when their lenses ruled the day. The
contrast of a CV lens is reminiscent of that period.
Which, as an aside, I never really liked. I still prefer an older
Leica optic, which all the eccentricities, weakness and strengths,
that make up the lens' signature. A signature that says Leica.
For now, the CV 21mm will have to do for my IIIa.
Slobodan Dimitrov