Subject: [Leica] Leica Repair.....
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Thu Nov 29 19:14:10 2007

I do my own.

Why?   Because I want to learn.

But I also know where I won't go (as Clint Eastwood said - "a man's got to
know his limits")

I had a new Leica MP meter fail, after it sat on my shelf for just over 2
years.  That went to Kindermann under warranty.  It requires Leica software
and computer to calibrate the meter again.  I wouldn't even go into an MP.

My range of experience has included:
- fully repair a separated M3 RF, where the prism had separated and viewing
had gone black
- reassembled an M2 that came to me partially disassembled.  Identified that
it had one stripped gear, and bought the part from DAG.
- restored an M3 that was binding as the shutter was tensioned
- rebuilt a Leica E, including full disassembly and shutter curtain repair

Other cameras:

- rebuilt an Alpa first gen Prisma, including shutter replacement, restore
shutter tensioning spring and RF re-adjustment.  That was a big job.
- have now repaired three Nikon 50 f1.1 lenses, including re-cement doublets
on two of these lenses
- restored two Nikon S36 motors

....Vick