Subject: [Leica] M2 Button rewind issues? Any?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Thu Nov 29 08:45:08 2007

I also remember, I have a button rewind, and it locks in when pushed.

Here is another trivia - I had a Leica 1a where you had to hold down the
shutter dial, to rewind the film.  It was a mushroom shutter button version.
  What a surprise that was, because you had to swing a little lever to "R"
to disengage the winding clutch to allow the film sprocket to reverse, and
then push the shutter button down as you rewound the film.

...Vick