Subject: [Leica] Leica D lens 4/3rds question._Now sensor size.
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue Nov 27 11:18:32 2007

Hi Philippe,

I guess what I'm saying is if you use a newer, higher MP, lower noise
full frame camera, a cropped photo will look the same as that taken
with a 1.6X crop camera with a lower MP count sensor and poorer noise
performance. Many people say use the higher crop camera to get a
better telephoto photo. I say that depends on what you are comparing
it to.

The comparison is between the Canon 20D and the 5D. The lens used is
the Canon 400mm f4 DO IS lens.  I see no difference between exact
photos taken from these two cameras taken from the same location.
(after cropping the 5D photo)

Regards,
Len