Subject: [Leica] Leica D lens 4/3rds question._Now sensor size.
From: phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard)
Date: Tue Nov 27 08:16:39 2007

Very interesting experiment Len.
Is it me or is there a gap in the reasoning here?
You wrote :

>  The final two images looked identical.  This is noise level and clump
> size and image resolution or perceived  sharpness.(versus) It seems
> the improved image and noise performance of the  5D offset the less
> cropped image of the other camera.

This I cannot understand.

Other: from what I get, you used the same lens on both cameras. May I
suggest that one of them is not the perfect match for the lens? Hence
maybe the result you get?
I think some lenses have been produced for the 35mm format, others for
APS, others yet for 4/3, etc.  With this in mind, and seeing that there
are some incompatibilities (Canon's S? on 5D for instance, unsure about
this types)  can we draw general conclusions from your findings?

Thanks for sharing Len, I'm not a "technie", but I'm willing to learn :-D

Phil...x

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Leica D lens 4/3rds question._Now sensor size.)
Message from pjleeson at mchsi.com (Philip Leeson) ([Leica] Leica D lens 4/3rds question.)
Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Leica D lens 4/3rds question.)